Performance appraisal

For your information.
In approximately two months this will be the time of the year that you will receive your year end appraisal.
If you receive a need improvement rating, read the following rules from the collective agreement and how to interpret it in blue or in red.

When you contest an appraisal, verify if the Corporation has respected part 5 of letter 1.
5. In the application of the appraisal process, employees experiencing difficulties meeting their objectives (goals) or who are heading in the direction of receiving a “Needs Improvement” rating on their performance appraisal, must be notified in the quarter in which their performance is deemed to be “Needs Improvement” and have a quarterly review completed in writing by the end of the month following that quarter except in the case of the end of the fiscal year, when the employee must be notified by February 28th. In the event that a quarterly review is not completed in accordance with this paragraph, the employee’s performance for that relevant quarter shall be deemed“Commendable”.
For the first part; 
You must been notified in the quarter. This means before the end of March for the first quarter, before the end of June for the second quarter, before the end of September for the third quarter and before the end of December for the fourth quarter. For example; on February 14 my manager met me and advised me that my rating is a needs improvement but did not notify me between September and December I shall then be deemed commendable for that relevant quarter. This example is good for each quarter.
For the second part:
You need to be notified in writing before the end of the month following the quarter (April, July, October and January). For example; it’s November 2nd and I did not have a quarterly review in writing for the third quarter, I shall be deemed commendable for this quarter. This example is good for each quarter. February 28th is the date where you must have received your year end result in writing. 

If you have any concerns or questions, please contact your local Branch officials.