Canada Post is opening a new facility in Burnaby, BC in October 2018. This facility is called the Pacific International Facility (PIF). The facility will be staffed through the transfer process as per the Collective Agreement. To be eligible to work at the PIF, you must submit a transfer to AccessHR by July 20, 2018. The APOC Collective Agreement will be followed when filling the positions.
Some key facts about the PIF:
- There will be two shifts operating seven days per week, primarily 13:30 to 21:30 and 22:00 to 06:00.
- There will be a small group of employees, including a supervisor, who will work 12:00 to 20:00.
- There will be a total of five OP-1 positions per shift, including relief.
- The PIF is located at 8340 Fraser Reach Court, Burnaby, BC.
- There are 73 parking spaces plus handicap spots.
- Public transportation is available within a 1.2km walk of the facility. Buses are available for all shift start and end times with the exception of the end of shift #1 Saturday and Sunday morning.
- There will be no cafeteria but a lunchroom is provided with vending machines for cold and hot drinks as well as snacks. There is space beside our location set aside for a future restaurant but we are unaware of any possible tenants or hours of operation.
- The facility will process China Exprès and International LCAO on a sorter; the sorter is called the International Small Packet Sorter (ISPS).
- Personalized mail, Neighbourhood Mail and Publications will also be processed at the PIF using manual bullpens.
PIF OP-1 schedules