Association of Postal Officials of Canada
Logistics Communiqué: Travel Policy
June 17, 2018
The Corporation and the Association signed a Memorandum of Agreement on June 17, 2018. This Memorandum will confirm that APOC represented employees will join the new Canada Post Travel Policy effective August 24,2018.
Highlights of the Memorandum as follows:
- When eligable APOC represented employees will be reimbursed up to $102.65 for Meal Allowance and incidentals.
- Breakfast $19.10
- Lunch $18.90
- Dinner $47.35
- Incidentals $17.30
- The originally proposed “Less your Normal commute” has reverted back to “Lesser of”
- National Grievance surrounding the Travel for SL6 has been resolved and withdrawn.
- The word “May” in the Corporate travel policy has been replaced in the memorandum and the word “Shall” will be applied to APOC
- The 16km rule has been replaced with 40kms
As the kilometer rate has not been adjusted in the new Canada Post Policy the current provincial rates will continue to apply.
Over the coming weeks as the Corporation makes the adjustment for APOC employees to switch to the new plan expect communication and updated training to managers and team leaders for application.